Don’t Do These Things on WhatsApp (You Will Be Imprisoned)December 24, 2018
WhatsApp may seem like any other application without a possibility to harm you and while millions are using it to chat with their friends, in India, this app has become a platform for spreading misinformation. Even though messages on WhatsApp are encrypted, the police can still track down your IP address, name, mobile number, location, mobile network and your handset type.
That means that you have to be careful, because the police can even arrest you if they discover that you have done something of the following that falls under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- The Group admins are responsible for the behavior of group members. If one of the members misbehaves, the admin is the one who can be arrested.
- Promoting any kind of body trade and prostitution is sanctioned.
- Sharing morphed photos of important people could get you behind bars.
- Harassing women
- Running an account with someone else’s name/identity theft.
- Sending hate messages and insulting anyone’s religion or place of worship.
- Spreading fake news on topic which are considered sensitive or the ones that breed violence and rioting.
- Selling and marketing illegal substances via the application.
- Sending videos of people who did not agreed to be filmed.
- Distributing pornographic content.
Before you enter WhatsApp next time bear these things in mind. Be careful what you are writing because you don’t want to end up behind bars without knowing what happened. Were you familiar with these rules?