Founded in 2003, A Small Orange (ASO) is headquartered in Austin, Texas. With years of experience and thousands of clients, A Small Orange greatly prides itself on always delivering premium quality website hosting and outstanding customer services.
A Small Orange in plain English, spells out, what you are going to actually get for your money. Over the years, ASO has become well known for heavily involved support, customer oriented services and high speed hardware. Dependability, integrity, passion and relationships are the core values of ASO.
It really strives hard to grow meaningful relationships with clients to guarantee long term satisfaction and benefits with its services. To know more about it, read on my ASmallOrange web hosting review.
If you are presently looking for a dynamic and varied website hosting service, ASmallOrange is the one you should immediately add in your potential list. The website host has more pros than cons and has got many positive reviews from present user base. If this catches your attention too, read on.
What Are The Insightful, Excellent Features of ASmallOrange?
ASO offers insightful and knowledgeable hosting services and solutions along with many excellent features. It also incorporates features like web design services, website builder, server management and softaculous installer.
All the offered services are highly reliable with their RAID1 available for data protection. Some other features include:
- 99.9% uptime and 90 days money back guarantee
- Free cPanel, Free backups and SSD hard drives
- Full Range Hosting with Weebly Site Builder
- 24/7 support, PCI Compliant and Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited FTP accounts and Unlimited add-on domains
What Amazing Server Features Are On Offer With ASmallOrange?
To offer the best services possible, ASO maintains 2 different services in US. One server is located in Dallas, Texas and the other one in Dearborn, Michigan. Both these data centers boast of carrier neutral and high performance networks.
ASmallOrange is dedicated to keeping all your data secure. Its data centers incorporate a variety of
- Security features with Physical ID checks
- 24/7 on-site support and Biometric access
- Keycard access and Full CCTV surveillance
- Arbor Networks PeakFlow DDos Detection
- Multi homed, high performance and carrier neutral
What Email Features Make ASmallOrange Excellent?
ASmallOrange is one of the best email hosting providers with its following features:
- Email hosting with Webmail support
- Unlimited email accounts, subjected to account storage limits
- Unlimited auto responder accounts, subjected to account storage limits
- Unlimited email forwarder accounts, subjected to account storage limits
- Block unwanted mails with blacklist
- Configure emails on mobile devices
- POP3/IMAP and Spam and viruses filtering
- Read more about auto-responder tools for your email marketing
What Top-Of-The-Line eCommerce Features Are Offered By ASmallOrange?
Now you can cultivate your businesses with affordable, reliable and best eCommerce hosting services offered by ASmallOrange. They have great plans built specifically for eCommerce, which are enough flexible for high traffic websites of all types.
Some of the features include:
- PCI compliant, regularly scanned servers
- Free SSL certificate and PostgreSQL Database Support
- Lower Customer Densities
- Cube Cart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart, ShopSite Shopping Cart
- Dedicated IP, SSL Support and Google checkout
- Check out creative e-commerce themes for wordpress here.
What Do ASmallOrange Have To Keep Your Website Secure?
Get ready to experience top notch website hosting with ASmallOrange on a highly secure network. Some of the essential tools and features it has to secure your site include:
- SiteLock to protect against hackers, malwares and other threats
- Password protected directories and Daily backups
- Hotlink/ Leech protection, Firewall protection and IP blocking
What Do ASmallOrange Have On Offer With Its Control Panel?
ASmallOrange uses the cPanel control panel. The arrangement is not free always. Therefore it is good to check out whether a licensing fee is going to be involved prior to you register. One thing that I really liked about them is they have kept standard cPanel styling, instead of jazzing it up.
Keeping it simple makes it super simple to follow any tutorials or guides. The cPanel features include the following:
- WebMail and Email Management
- IP Blocking and MySQL Management
- Traffic Stats, Domain Name Management
- Softaculous and Disk Usage Stats
- File Browsing/Uploading
- Mailing Lists And more!
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of ASmallOrange?
Despite their whimsical name and small status, ASmallOrange, has been doing great. Some of the great advantages of using them include:
- Solid uptime of 99.97%
- Page speed of 38% faster than the industry average
- Pleasing customer support
- Inexpensive pricing
- Transparent, honest business approach
- 90 days money back guarantee
- Fully SSD driven
- No hidden agenda
Although this web host passed most of my tests with flying colors, there are some important points you need to be alert of:
- Grave risk for exceeding limits
- No phone support
- Bad reputation management
What Services Are On Offer By ASmallOrange?
ASmallOrange has many different plans on offer. It works to offer its clients with all potential options they may require to get the website hosting they are searching for. Let’s have a look on them below:
People looking for simple web hosting needs, can go with this plan. With ASmallOrange’s shared hosting plan, you get-
- 99.9% of uptime guarantee
- Unlimited websites
- Screaming fast SSD server for 15X performance
- Unlimited mailing lists and email accounts
- 24/7 expert US based support
- Weebly website builder and more!
Shared hosting by ASmallOrange is available under 4 tiers:
Tiny Plan: Available at $2.92/month, this plan offers storage of 500 MB, 1 website, 5 GB bandwidth and 24/7 live chat and email support.
Small Plan: available at $5 per month, the plan offers 5GB storage, 50GB bandwidth, unlimited websites, Free.com domain included, 24/7 live chat and email support.
Medium Plan: This plan offers 15GB Storage, 150GB Bandwidth, unlimited websites, Free.com domain included, 24/7 live chat and email support at $10/month.
Large Plan: Available at $20/month, this plan comes with unlimited websites, Free.com domain included, 500GB bandwidth, 30 GB storage and 24/7 live chat and email support.
This one is perfect for the people who have business only in their mind. It is designed mainly for individuals looking to host an eCommerce site and need high flexibility for high traffic sites.
This plan has great features on offer to guarantee your business runs seamlessly and smoothly. Some of these features include:
- Free SSL Certificate
- Lower Customer Densities
- Regularly scanned and PCI compliant servers
- PostgreSQL Database support
- Hotlink protection
- Unlimited email accounts
- Daily backups
- Unlimited sub domains
- FTP account
Business hosting is available under 3 tiers:
The Startup Plan – This plan offers 40GB storage, 600GB bandwidth, PCI compliant free SSL certificate and 24/7 live chat and email support at $20 per month.
The Small Business Plan – This plan offers 50 GB storage, 800GB Bandwidth, PCI compliant, free SSL certificate and 24/7 live chat and email support at $40 per month.
The Enterprise Plan – This plan offers 60 GB storage, 1000GB Bandwidth, PCI compliant, free SSL certificate and 24/7 live chat and email support at $60 per month.
If you need to go technical, then you have the Cloud hosting. In this plan, you will get top level access and you may even fine tune the hosting environment to quickly meet your particular needs.
Although this is a costly option, but ASmallOrange will completely focus on setting up, safeguarding maintaining and adding basic monitoring for your server, to make it simpler for you to run your site.
The key features included in cloud hosting plans by ASmallOrange include:
- World class data-centers
- Enterprise quality hardware
- Complete root access
- 24/7 expert support
- Free cPanel and Automatic fail-over
Cloud Hosting from ASmallOrange is available in 8 different tiers ranging from $20 per month to $150 per month. The specifications and quantity of Core, storage, bandwidth, and RAM are different with each plan.
- Level 1 – It comes with core 1, 30 GB Storage, 1024 MB RAM and 500 GB Bandwidth at $20 per month.
- Level 2 – It comes with core 2, 50 GB Storage, 2048 MB RAM and 1 TB Bandwidth at $30 per month.
- Level 3 – It comes with core 2, 75 GB Storage, 3072 MB RAM and 1.5 TB Bandwidth at $45 per month.
- Level 4 – It comes with core 4, 100 GB Storage, 4096 MB RAM and 2 TB Bandwidth at $60 per month.
- Level 5 – It comes with core 4, 125 GB Storage, 5120 MB RAM and 2.5 TB Bandwidth at $75 per month.
- Level 6 – It comes with core 6, 150 GB Storage, 6144 MB RAM and 3 TB Bandwidth at $90 per month.
- Level 7 – It comes with core 8, 200 GB Storage, 8192 MB RAM and 4 TB Bandwidth at $120 per month.
- Level 8 – It comes with core 8, 250 GB Storage, 10240 MB RAM and 5 TB Bandwidth at $150 per month.
MANAGED DEDICATED HOSTING
Get ready for the ultimate in website hosting experience. This plan includes the primary set up, constant security and maintenance of the server. You also get the advantage of proactive monitoring service operational for 24/7. Some other features of this hosting include:
- 5 dedicated IP address
- Management support
- Softaculous on every cPanel/WHM server
- US based expert support for 24/7
Under Managed Dedicated hosting, ASmallOrange offer 2 different plans: Single CPU Servers available in 6 different levels and Multiple CPU servers available in 2 different levels.
Single CPU Servers
- Level 1 – It comes at $99/month and has Xeon E3-1220 V2 (3.1GHz, turbo 3.5 GHz), 4GB Memory, and 128 GB SSD (in RAID 1).
- Level 2 – It comes at $99/month and has Xeon E3-1220 V2 (3.1GHz, turbo 3.5 GHz), 4GB Memory, and 1 TB (in RAID 1).
- Level 3 – It comes at $135/month and has Xeon E3-1230 V2 (3.3GHz, turbo 3.7 GHz), 8 GB Memory, and 256GB SSD (in RAID 1).
- Level 4 – It comes at $135/month and has Xeon E3-1230 V2 (3.3GHz, turbo 3.7 GHz), 8 GB Memory, and 1 TB (in RAID 1).
- Level 5 – It comes at $175/month and has Xeon E3-1270 V2 (3.5GHz, turbo 3.9 GHz), 16 GB Memory, and 256GB SSD (in RAID 1).
- Level 6 – It comes at $175/month and has Xeon E3-1270 V2 (3.5GHz, turbo 3.9 GHz), 16 GB Memory, and 1 TB (in RAID 1).
Multi CPU Servers
- Level 1 –It comes at $275 per month and comes with features including 2X Xeon E5 – 2620 (2.0GH, Turbo 2.5 GHz), 32 GB Memory and 512 GB SSD (in RAID 1)
- Level 2- It comes at $275 per month and comes with features including 2X Xeon E5 – 2620 (2.0GH, Turbo 2.5 GHz), 32 GB Memory and 1 TB (in RAID 1).
Is It Free To Migrate To ASO?
Yes, it is complete free to migrate to ASO. If you have a current site hosted anywhere else, you can migrate to ASO and enjoy the great benefits and features. Moreover the site migration can be completed in just a few simple steps.
How Good And Strong Is ASO’s Performance?
ASO has an aim to offer the best and finest new technologies to their clients. So, with each plan it offers the following to offer the best performance:
- Latest in processors
- Enterprise only hardware
- Servers based in 2 different tiers
I tested for ASO’s performance using Bitcatcha. Its response time was 300 ms in Us (W), 35 ms in US (E), 145 ms in London,230 ms in Singapore,394 ms in Sao Paulo, 361 ms in Pune, 229 ms in Japan and 660 ms in Sydney. The overall performance was a “D” rank.
Speed – Is ASO Really As Fast As Expected?
ASmallOrange fortunately delivered average page speed faster than the industry’s average. The key reason behind the fast loading time is that ASO invests in high quality hardware consistently for its clients. It understands that to retain a solid customer base, it needs to stay at the top when it comes to speed.
What Uptime Guarantee Is Offered By ASO?
Getting your site featured on any major publication can set a lot of traffic free within a few minutes only. That exposure is astonishing. That’s, until your website crashes.
Unluckily, it does not matter how well the site does if it keeps constantly getting knocked offline via an under-performing website host with bad uptime stats to support its performance. However that isn’t the case with ASO.
My analysis over a 6 months period showed uptime of 99.97%. That is really phenomenal.
How Good Is ASO Customer Support?
One of the key selling pints of ASO is their dedicated customer support. Their staff is always ready to help and this clearly show their customer oriented approach. The company greatly prides itself on their interactive and persona support system.
They’ve built a great reputation for being one among the best website hosting companies when it comes to customer services and support. Overall, ASmallOrange customer support did not let me down, getting back quickly to me with replies that were both well-informed and detailed.
My experience was 10 on 10 while dealing with them. No question ever goes unanswered, which speaks volumes regarding their reliability.
How Popular Is ASO On Social Media?
I found ASmallOrange to be quite famous on social media platforms. It has 12.8K likes on Facebook, 14.3K tweets and 5.8K followers on Twitter, which is not a small thing.
What Is ASO Money Back Guarantee?
The standard industry practice may give you 30 days refund if the things do not work out as you thought. Again, ASO bucks this trend by offering up to 90-day to get the money back.
Just a company ready to always stand by their services would provide such a long money back period, making it quite low risk to test drive for you. So, in case you are not happy with ASO, then pull off the plug quickly.
What I Found About ASO In Reviews On Other Websites?
I found that most of the websites that have reviewed ASmallOrange think that you will get best bang for your buck as they are quite cheap in comparison to others.
Quick page loading times, stable uptime and friendly chat with knowledgeable support representatives proved that ASO knows what they are doing. According to ASmallOrange web hosting review on different website, it is a very promising hosting service provider you can rely on.
With lots of features, fair prices and customized packages, you can be sure that you will be happy with what ASO has on offer. Additionally, the constantly reliable customer services are a great advantage if you think that you are going to ever need it.
Who Do I Recommend ASO For?
ASmallOrange is best to be used for:
- WordPress (see most beautiful wordpress portfolio themes)
- eCommerce Joomla and Drupal
- phpBB, vBulletin and Small medium websites
- Local businesses
How To Sign Up With ASO?
The ASO’s sign up process is quite simple. If you’re not sure about the plan to go with, then the very first thing you should do is to go for an online chat and the support team will inform you about the best plan for your needs. The sign up process is as below:
- Visit asmallorange.com
- Choose the preferred plan, click on Find more
- Once you get the details and have chosen the plan, click on “Order Now”
- Enter your domain information
- Review cart
- Enter your payment option and make the payment
- Check out
- And you are ready to go!
So, if you are looking for a dependable host with decent support, then give ASO a try. ASmallIrange will explore any opportunities to improve the client’s hosting experience.